Sunday, February 21, 2010

Welcome

Hi there, welcome to my site. This is just an introduction to the blog. I'd like to get some advice from you, any advice at all on how I can improve the site.

I'm so glad to finally revamp my blogspot site. There is only so much that one person can say about detoxifying before becoming bored. So I decided to drop that and begin writing on something I have a lot more passion for: food and dining.
I am more than happy to visit a dining establishment suggested by a reader of this blog, but there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind. Keep in mind that it may take a while for me to visit the restaurant, the closer it is to my hometown of Augusta, GA, the more likely I am to visit. I have absolutely no interest in reviewing a nation-wide chain. Please don't ask me to review a Red Lobster or Olive Garden or anything else like that, I find them to be similar no matter where you are in the United States, maybe one is a little better or worse, but overall, who cares?
The place being criticized will be thrown into an eating category then judged into that merit. Therefore, a fastfood restaurant will never earn the kind of score that a fine-dining eatery may receive. And from what I've seen, no one really expects a diner/dive to be quite as elegant as a kitchen that serves food that requires 12 different forks to enjoy the meal to its fullest.
The categories for which every restaurant will be judged goes like this: cleanliness- cleanliness of the dishes, glasses, silver, floors, tables, bathrooms, ceilings and just about anything else you can imagine is inside the kitchen; service/staff- patience, knowledge of the menu, hospitality; menu- originality, organization, simplicity; food- freshness, taste, quantity.
Please feel free to make suggestions and/or tell about your own experiences in a place. I really look forward to helping you find the perfect place to eat.

1 comment:

  1. We are looking forward to your restaurant reveiws, not only because they are informative, but because they are entertaining and often times, humorous. You have a way of putting a crisp spin on your writing. Also, we are anticipating you and your lovely wife coming to Charleston and reveiwing restaurants here..

    ReplyDelete